YOU CAN BOOK YOUR SERVICE BELOW
Normally a high efficiency condensing boiler will only require a service once a year, to ensure it is operating safely and efficiently. Modern boilers are designed to work at maximum efficiency, whilst being as fuel efficient as possible. A boiler service involves minimum intrusion to working parts, and providing your boiler is performing in accordance with the manufacturers specifications. it is normally completed within one hour.
Remember a service is not a repair. If your appliance is faulty it must be repaired prior to having it serviced.
A boiler service consists of.
1. Test the appliance for gas leaks.
2. Check there is adequate ventilation for safe operation of the appliance.
3. Check the suitability and condition of the appliance flue.
4. Strip/inspect the appliance and check for corrosion damage etc.
5. Check to working gas rate/working pressure is correct.
6. Check the correct operation/condition of the appliance safety devices.
7. Test for the safe evactuation of products of combustion.
8. Carry out a flue gas analysis test and confirm the result is in accordance with the manufacturers specification. (as appropriate)
9. Confirm the appliance is in a safe condition to use.
10. Test the water quality within the central heating system complies with BS 7593.
11. Issue a work report stating any faults found/recommendations.
PART L BUILDING REGULATIONS BS 7593
Part L of the building regulations BS 7593 since June 2022 makes a requirement that as part of an annual boiler service the central heating water should be checked for cleanliness and adequate levels of inhibitor chemicals. It is estimated that up to 80% of central heating breakdowns can be attributed to poor water quality. (central heating pumps failing due to sludge etc) If your boiler has a manufacturers warranty, the engineer can test your water quality before carryng out a warranty repair. Should it fail the repair could be refused and your warranty declared null and void. During your boiler service, we will test your water quality. We find most failures are due to low inhibitor levels, which you can request we rectify for you during the service visit.
If your system has a filter fitted, we will happily clean it during a service visit. However. as these filters get older, their seals can get distorted by age, heat & water pressure. Should they weep or leak after being cleaned and seals need replacing etc, this will be chargeable and is not covered under the normal service fee.
BOOK A SERVICE
David McFadyen Central Heating Services
Flat 4, 7 Philipshill Gate
Phone: +0141 644 4062+0141 644 4062
NORMAL AREA'S COVERED.
Southside of Glasgow, East Kilbride, Paisley, Barrhead, Neilston, Cambuslang etc.
Sorry, but we do not cover G1, G2 or G3 Post Codes. (nothing to do with ULEZ regulations)
Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Sat - Sun Closed
Outside of normal opening hours we will are often available to answer the phone, but a message left will be answered as soon as possible.
We work most bank holiday Mondays, but our rates dont change if we do.